Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Preparations

I have avoided making posts for a while. We have been busy with mission preparations. My companion and I love spending a little time each morning reading from the Book of Mormon, auf Deutsch. I read a verse in English, she in German and then I repeat it in German.

I have been working on studying the region and making maps. They are fairly large files so I will not post them here, though I am adding an image of the map they sent us, reduced in size. You won't be able to read the names, but you can get the idea. In researching the wards and branches of the mission, I  came up with a count of 36 Wards and 23 Branches. Liechtenstein has none, but there is a ward near there in Dornbirn, Austria.

We are now working on buying things (luggage, clothes, etc.) and studying the language. We will not be able to use our cell phones over there, so we will probably discontinue our account and cell phones here, so contact will mainly be done via email and Skype. We will likely be discontinuing our home phone here as well. The boys will be setting up something for their internet and will set up their own phones, I believe.

This is all very exciting and overwhelming as well. With the Lord's help we can do this.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys. Now I'll have even more reason to visit Europe in the next two years! :)

    ReplyDelete