Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Wall

This city has a wall, but it generally is not as noticeable in many areas. It is part of the old structure of gates and towers and old churches that the city of Ravensburg is famous for.

This little part of Ravensburg reminds me of the city of Soest where I served in 1971. I will add a picture from my time there (of the city wall) to show the similarity.

Approaching the wall area, this is a glimpse down an alleyway towards a local Lutheran Church.

some ivy on the inner side of the wall

Sister B by one of the doors there - just her size

Here is a picture from 1971 next to a small door, with me and a member of the branch in Soest.

this shows one of the larger towers along the wall. It is not fake, but was built as a half tower, used for a place of security against an enemy.

a more direct show of the back

this is on the other side of the wall, same tower.

this shows how large it is.

me posing by the tower on the wall.
Here is a picture from 1971 in Soest at a tower along that wall. My companion, Elder Magneson is posing by it.


Here, looking up from the wall to the "Veitburg," which is the last remaining structure of the fortress that was here in the 1200s

No comments:

Post a Comment