Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Mercy and Grace

We believe in and rely upon the Mercy of God, available to us through the Grace of our Savior Jesus Christ by his suffering in the garden of Gethsemane and his sacrifice upon the cross of Calvary. Without this, nothing else makes any difference - nothing we can do, think or believe will be of any benefit to us.


As I was sitting in the temple last week, those thoughts worked through my mind. I thought that, though this is really at the core of our gospel belief as member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, it is too often taken for granted as we are so involved in other areas of the Gospel. It is important that we always remember the real reason we have faith and hope - Jesus Christ and his wonderful and incomprehensible atonement.


What I find also interesting is an experience I had last night, while attending an Addiction Recovery Program meeting. These are truly some of the most spiritual meetings I ever attend. In particular, as we were discussing the twelfth step, this statement was mentioned and discussed:

"Sharing your testimony of His mercy and His grace is one of the most important services you can offer."

It recalled to my mind the thoughts I had while in the temple last week. Wow.

With this I am sharing my testimony of the Mercy of God which is given to us through the Grace of our Savior Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful message, Dad, and completely true.
    Don't give up in writing. Your journal is a sacred record and you have no idea the lasting impact it will have. Imagine Mormon writing, or Moroni. Even if your contemporaries may not be listening, someone will. You are wonderful and such a great example to me.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete