Wednesday, April 29, 2020

a day in the life ...

April 27 - We went to the office as usual. The night before I got a call from Elders X and Y saying that their tires were all slashed. Today I worked on getting it reported and arranged for the car to be taken to ZZ for replacement. I grabbed mail, etc. to take south and switched cars in San Clemente to take their car down to Oceanside for a windshield repair at ZZZ (a different car). There, I also met up with the Vista and Carlsbad zone leaders for them to get their mail. I waited at ZZZ for them to get the windshield take care of. That worked smoothly and I was out of there in less than 90 minutes (as promised). I note, and have noted to others, that I see it as a miracle (or tender mercy) that all has gone as planned today, without difficulty. After the windshield replacement (and re-attaching the Pro400 TIWI device successfully) I met with Elder H and got the license plate sticker put on his car at the Chestnut building, then returned to San Clemente to return their car, then went back to the office. All went well.

Actually, this was a much busier day than usual. Mostly, we are in our office (in quarantine status) with little to do. Then, I do my Danish family history research. Still, we are ready when the need arises (as described above).

The pictures illustrate the real activity that happens here, nature continues as normal, probably enjoying having fewer people about.




No comments:

Post a Comment