Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Best gift of all



Our Christmas was a little different this year. First of all, it was very quiet, to begin with, just the four of us. It was joyous and happy when the others arrived and we just had a lot of fun together. Of course we had æbleskivers. We were able to Skpye with our Hungarian family and hope to get together with our Maine family.

Lots of good things were given to each other. The best, of course, is being with each other, though we deeply felt the difference with our two families far away.

The best gift, in my opinion, was a beautiful book put together containing pictures of the family, but especially the letters, notes and testimonies that were contain within. As John wrote in his third epistle: "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. "

It touched my heart (and brought many tears to my dear companion) to read those precious words given to us by our children and grandchildren.

Thank you all so much!

I have at this point only read some (much), and expect to spend a lot of time, here and in Europe, re-reading this wonderful book.


No comments:

Post a Comment