Wednesday, October 17, 2012

About Laanjak

Though my life experiences have been richly entwined with the Internet over the years, having a personal blog has never been one of my pursuits. Actually, I find it a bit presumptuous that anyone would actually be interested in what I have to say when it is not focused on a specific topic, such as family history, religion or online education. However, I felt it was time to start contributing to the rich fabric of lives and thoughts and ramblings that have become so pervasive in the Blogosphere.

About Laanjak ...

I invented the name Laanjak many years ago as the protagonist of a novel never written. Actually, I have written some of the first chapter and may eventually get it written. Being such a science fiction fan all my life, I thought to write a novel taking place in a decaying future colony on Mars. Laanjak and his friend begin questioning the authoritarian structure of their civilization and find ways to learn forbidden knowledge about their world and eventually break free of its grasp.

So far, the only thing to have survived from this literary foray is the name Laanjak. I am still amazed that this simple, seven-lettered name is still unique wherever I have have chosen to use it (usernames, etc.) and will continue to be the champion of the Laanjak name.

2 comments:

  1. Dad, I am so glad that I can be able to read about updates in your goings on. Thanks for doing it and I will continue to read in the future. Love you both and congratulations on your upcoming mission. So excited for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read that story someday :). Love you!

    ReplyDelete