Wednesday, October 24, 2012

More Family History Work

I spent a number of hours yesterday and today going through old records and adding to the web site for the Heber Fielding Burton family.

The site home page is http://hfburton.buchananspot.com

Of the four family-based web sites I manage, this one generally has received the least attention from me. My wife and I went through a few piles of records she inherited from her great-great-aunt. In the process, I found a lot of pictures of family members that I did not previously have on the website.

- - - - - - - -
Now, since I have not been doing a blog very long, I thought I should add a few points about recent family history work.

1. Hans Sorensen family - I finished writing the history of Hans Sorensen, my second great grandfather earlier this year and had it published/printed. I made 225 copies and sold or distributed them all. The website contains a link to the history in PDF form. The document is 80 pages long, including many appendix pages.

I then later completed research into the son of Hans Sorensen, Soren Peter and posted a copy of that on the website as well. The Hans Sorensen history page is:

http://aeb.buchananspot.com/histories/Sorensen/Hans

2. I worked at a review of the research my father did on the Andersen line and ended up finding some new information about Anders Jensen Pind. I will put my summary of that in a separate blog entry.

3. Danish research - Over the past two years, I have bene able to do an extensive amount of research in Danish records right at home, because Denmark has released many volumes of records for searching and accessing.  In the process, I made up a web page to show people how they can get to these records and included a few pages showing some basic tools and resources in doing Danish research. THe web page is:

http://buchananspot.com/joseph/genealogy/DanishHelper.html

Well, this blog is getting big enough already.

No comments:

Post a Comment