Sunday, March 17, 2013

A drive near Salem

We made some visits in the area of Salem, Germany. We visited a wonderful lady there who is a member, but cannot get around much and doesn't come to church much. She comes to America usually once every year. Her daughter lives in Post Falls, Idaho and a grandson in Bountiful, Utah. It is wonderful to find these people. They are so happy to see us.

On our way, we saw a couple of Zeppelins flying. The Graf Zepplin built his construction company in Freidrichshafen, near here. Their company (ZF) still builds transmissions and drive train parts for companies all over the world. They also have a Zeppelin museum and have a couple of Zeppelins that they built and take people on tours. Here is the best picture we could get of the closest Zeppelin to us.


Here is a snippet of our drive heading out of her town area towards home.


Bye!

4 comments:

  1. That is a brave or foolish cyclist to be riding on a street with no shoulder.
    It looks like you have some of those strange concrete telephone poles, too. For some reason I thought it was just a Hungarian thing.
    I was timing the road markers as you drove past and from my calulations you were going a little over the speed limit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I noticed that they don't use wood for their poles. I guess there are not enough trees here. As for the speed. I wasn't driving, so I don't know, though Tina did not ever say "Beware!"

      Delete
  2. I was driving and I almost got to 90 kpm, but thanks for caring! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks we (my family) enjoyed the video.

    ReplyDelete