Sunday, March 24, 2013

Another trip to Heiligenberg

I was asked to dedicate a grave. This is a member from near Frankfurt, but one of the family members lived near us and the person was to be buried at the Friedwald of Heiligenberg. We were there two weeks ago for the burial of a person who used to live in the Branch. It is a place where they bury the urn of a person's remains in a spot among the trees, instead of in a cemetery. It was quite cold as it was two weeks ago.

I noticed this grand building last time and this time I took a picture. I found out later that it is the Heiligenberg Castle. I checked the website and it is not open for visitors until Easter (next week). Perhaps we will find a reason to go back. It is fairly far away from our apartment, but still in the branch boundaries. It is the highest point in the area (as you can see).

This is a view as we started down the road from Heiligenberg.
This is a picture of the castle from below.

I had to take another movie snippet as we drove back through Urnau. We drive through here every week or so. It is interesting how narrow the streets are.

No comments:

Post a Comment