Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Conference, country drive, birdsong

This one is a blog summarizing some of our past week.

We first (on Thursday) had a wonderful conference in Zürich, Switzerland. Elder Teixeira of the first quorum of Seventy, also the Area President of the Europe area, did a mission "tour," visiting Austria, then Switzerland and then Munich, holding conferences of three days for the missionaries. It was a marvelous experience. He taught us some important points of our mission work. It really motivated us to improve our work as missionaries. Below is a picture I took of a group of us who are celebrating birthdays. Sister B is in the picture, the third from the left, right next to President Miles. Elder Hyatt is on the right side, the last one still with the black curtain behind him. I am sorry I cut off the last few missionaries on the right side, but you probably would not know them anyway.

On Friday,  we had an appointment to visit one of our sisters in a far corner of the branch. We had to delay our arrival an hour, so we took the opportunity to go to a village (dorf) a little ways out of the way. It was a pretty little town called Wilhelmsdorf. We bought a few pastries there and took this picture of the main building in the center of the town. I noticed that it had four golden angels on each end and thought of the angel Moroni on our temples. This is an angel blowing a trumpet.

We also went through some beautiful forests and Sister B took some pictures.

They show the new bright green growth within the darker evergreen pines. The next one shows a beautiful view of the area of our destination. The glow on the country road is the reflection of the rain.

Lastly, we were out today and walked into the wooded area behind our neighborhood. We see a lot of people who are also walking and enjoy greeting them. Mostly, we enjoy the greeting of the birds. The last item is a small movie where you can hear the birdsong.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't hear the bird-song and I have my speakers turned up. I don't know why. But I'm so glad you enjoyed it for me! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still my heart. That middle picture is paint-worthy. Can I copy and paste it to one of my blogs for my own? LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete