Monday, October 20, 2014

Tall Soldiers

OK. This one has very little to do with our mission. I noticed a picture in a local newspaper that reminded me of my father.

The article in the Weingarten Im Blick newspaper [issue 31/2014, Friday, 12 Sept. 2014, page 10] they showcased some picture postcards originating from World War I (1914-1918). One of these pictures was a humorous photo of two soldiers, one remarkably taller than the other.

My father also had a picture of him standing next to some of his fellow soldiers, dated May 19, 1941. (He is the tall one.) I couldn't resist showing these pictures next to each other.


The World War I picture is from Stadtarchiv, Weingarten, as found in the newspaper archive file:
 http://www.weingarten-im-blick.de/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Weingarten_KW37_Internet1.pdf
The other photo is from my files.

No comments:

Post a Comment